Monday, May 31, 2010

Chris' Favourite People: Michael Swaim

Alright, so this is a new idea that I’m gonna try, and it’s gonna be a little more serious that my other posts. I would like to use this article to advertise people that I admire and look up to in some way or another. Why am I advertising here and not somewhere where someone may actually read what I write you ask? Shut the fuck up, that’s why!

I’ve been reading cracked for more than a year now and pretty much every person who writes there has interested me, although one has not. It almost seems unfair to just talk about one. I mean O’Brien kicks ass, Gladstone hooked me on cracked (to the idiots reading this, it’s a pun), and Sean Reiley got my buddy and I to blog in the first place. Though these guys are totally badass, there is one guy who intrigued me more than anyone else. That man is writer, sketch comedian, junior sex machine, and all around awesome Michael Swaim.


(Who could resist a face like that?)

While trying to start my research for this article, I ran into a wall. That is, typing “Michael Swaim” on Wikipedia just redirects me to “Cracked”. Normally this wouldn’t be an issue, but there is only one fucking line talking about Michael Swaim. ONE FUCKING LINE! So, I’m pretty much left to talk about him with just knowledge off the top of my head (and what I can grab off Wikipedia). Michael Swaim was one of the founders of the sketch group called “Those Aren’t Muskets!” The group caught attention with its video called “Internet Party” (probably), and this threw Swaim into the wonderful world of internet stardom. Recently, Michael Swaim co-starred in the web-show called “Agents of Cracked” and the show won a Streamy, which is like the internet-equivalent to an Oscar.

There are many interesting things I’ve learned from reading the personal information of Michael Swaim on the Cracked.com Website. Instead of rewording it, I’ll just quote what he wrote. “I write here sometimes. Also make videos. I also do that one (the videos one) at my own site, Those Aren't Muskets! (www.thosearentmuskets.com). I also do a lot of other stuff, but it's not as directly applicable to the Internet, and I feel like that's what you're probably most interested in. I often shave.” Ladies and gentlemen, Michael Swaim.

-Chris, will keep making the "no one is reading our blog" jokes until we have more people

2 comments: