Monday, May 31, 2010

Fun With REAL Video Games

So Chris thinks he can get away with talking about video games eh? Well, I'm not going to dive into what I think is a good MMORPG. No, I'm here to talk about REAL VIDEO GAMES, not the garbage you'll find on a 360, PS3, Wii, and other crap. No, I'm here to talk about one thing only...

FLASH GAMES

That's right, flash games. Those shitty games that often make you think of Runescape when you first hear the word. Well, they've certainly come a long way, and I think should be credited for the real meat of the video game industry.

Bask in the glory!!!

Without flash games, a good 30% of my video game experiences would have been dull. I mean, who honestly wanted to play Call of Duty when you could try out the new Stick Arena game? It's simply irrefutable knowledge that flash games are TEH SHIT. Remember that...now.


I hope you do?

There are many popular flash games that have hit the market since 9/11, such as Stick RPG, or World Domination, but the one genre that is completely over-saturated, and yet is still actively supported, is tower-defense. I HATE THIS CRAP. Sitting for hours in front of your screen, building sand bags around your level 2 horse, or setting down millions of Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids in front of some long road while billions of spiders crawl across the map, IT SIMPLY SUCKS.

Yet here I am, glorifying flash games for their massive contributions to society. Without the power of Adobe Flash, we wouldn't have had Hitler, we wouldn't have had Stalin, we instead would have had a sad world, a world longing for some types of games that are simply awesome to sit down and play with for hours on end, with nothing stopping you but the old Party van (thats what she said). Portal was a great game, but the flash version was WAYYY better (lolwut?). Just like Dragon Age: Origins was all fine and dandy, but nothing is better than getting home after school and just immersing yourself in the Dragon Age flash game, Dragon Age: Journey's.

Than we have Runescape, a High Definition 16 bit open world game with millions of people playing world wide. From spending over 500 hours trying to get that 4.5 billion gold so you can finally buy wood for your home, or spending over 9000 nano-seconds spamming Zezima with instant-nudges, it never gets boring.

HAHA, I crack myself up. Runescape is terrible, don't even look at me without agreeing. It's simply....ASS. With some Pogo on the side. And Campbell Soup.


Runescape


So that's all I really have to discuss today, wish I could talk more, but you know, TIME IS MONEY, EH? Till the next time I write, follower's.

-YK, Holder of Ye Flask

No comments:

Post a Comment