Thursday, June 3, 2010

Super Mario Land 2 Never Gets Old

(Note: I started writing this article months ago, but only finished it now. I lost the groove i had while writing it and was really just trying to finish it up)

Think back to when you were a little kid. There was that one game that you loved and would always want to play with your friends. That game I'm talking about is Pokemon. Now, think back to that game that you played as a kid that you would still play now without being embarrassed. That game is obviously one of the 100000(not exaggerated) Super Mario games. Mario is one of the biggest funchises(not a typo)in the gaming world. How big is it exactly? Well, according to Statistics Canada, 100% of me doesn't give enough of a shit to look up the exact numbers.

There is one Mario game I want to talk about specificly. The one i grew up playing was for the gameboy. It was called Super Mario Land 2. It is an easy-as-hell game to beat for me now, but was a ball buster when I used to try to beat it as a little kid. There's so much epixness in that one little cartridge, that it's hard to fit it all into a half-assed written article. The game is so epix, even the black and green graphics look awesome.

(Hail its 8-bit glory!)

It starts off like every other Super Mario game. Actually, the whole game is like a regular Super Mario game. There's not a whole lot of room for innovation for the 2-D platformer. If they somehow managed to fuck up Mario by doing something new, then the fuckuper probably wouldn't be able to leave their house without my foot being shoved so far up their ass that they would be puking up rubber.

One of the things I love about the game is the face that you fight Wario at the end. the only complaint i have is how fucking easy it is. I could probably beat it when I first started playing it at the age of 4(though I didn't beat it until I was 15). I also like how the game take place in different 'lands'(similar to worlds in other mario games), but you can choose which you wanna do first. If you wanna step on some giant spiders, do that. If you wanna get swallowed up by THAT FUCKING TURTLE IN THE SHITTY FUCKING WATER LEVEL I HATE THAT SHIT SO FUCKING MUCH , then go right ahead!

This may not be the best mario game, but it certainly is one of the most underrated in the series. So if you ever get a chance to play this game, please do so.

-Chris, greatest mind of his generation

No comments:

Post a Comment